Finest Cured Flavours at Byron Bay Food Festival
Salumi Australia and Bottarga Australia are ready to showcase our finest cured flavours as sponsors of the upcoming inaugural Byron Bay Fine Food and Beverage Festival.
The festival, run by Sample Events, is being held on Saturday, 3 June from 11am to 7pm in the parklands adjacent to the award-winning Elements of Byron resort in beautiful Byron Bay.
The Byron Bay Fine Food and Beverage Festival will include:
- Fine Food and Beverage Masterclasses,
- A Producers’ Marquee showcasing 50 of Australia’s finest food producers,
- Winery and Beverage Marquees showcasing 12 wineries from across Australia as well as local craft brewers, cider producers and distilleries,
- Restaurant Marquees, where our region’s finest Chefs will prepare a signature tasting plates for sale throughout the day,
- and a Music Stage.
Salumi Australia and Bottarga Australia will be in good company in the festival’s Producers’ Marquee where visitors can sample and purchase our finest cured flavours. We will have a delicious selection from our award-winning range for festival goers to sample and take home including our:
- Cacciatorini and Cacciatorini Piccante – small rustic salamis,
- Salame Casareccio – a rustic homestyle salami,
- ‘Nduja and Sobrasada – our spreadable salamis, and
For the uninitiated, Bottarga is salt cured, pressed and dried mullet roe. It’s a Sardinian delicacy for grating over seafood pasta or onto pizza. It can also be served thinly sliced in olive oil or lemon juice as an appetizer.
To find out more about Bottarga and the fascinating process involved in creating this delicacy, sign up for our festival Masterclass in the Producers’ Marquee from 5.30pm – 6.10pm where Michael and Massimo from Salumi and Bottarga Australia will teach you all there is to know about “The Roe to Health and the Art of Bottarga”.
Tickets to the Byron Bay Fine Food and Beverage Festival are available online at www.samplefoodevents.com
Registrations for the Bottarga Masterclass can be made at the festival, but get in early as the classes are limited to 50 people.