– 1kg flour (caputo rossa )
– 730ml cold water
– 4 g fresh yeast (or 1.5/2 g dry yeast )
– 25g salt
1. Place the yeast in the water and stir, making sure all the yeast has dissolved.
2. Place the flour into a bowl and add the yeast and water mixture, mixing gently with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined and a dough is formed.
3. Add a plate on top of the bowl and let the dough rest for 15mins.
4. After 15mins, press a small circle into the middle of the dough and add the salt. Work the salt into the dough until fully absorbed.
5. Transfer the dough from the bowl to a bench and work with your hands to make it smooth. Leave the dough to rest
6. Section the dough into six even balls of 270/280g.
7. Allow the balls to rest for four-six hours before stretching and cooking.